What is Earn-A-Bike?
Learn how to fix bikes and earn community service hours! During this 8-week after-school program, you can practice your skills on bikes we repair and give back to the community. In addition to working on donated bike projects, you can pick out and fix up your own bike, or earn cool bike parts and accessories!
Our classes include:
- Beginner Repair classes where youth learn about simple mechanics and are able to earn a BMX bicycle with community service hours
- Intermediate Repair classes encompass more difficult bike repair lessons on more complex bikes and youth can earn a mountain bike with hours
- Advanced Repair classes are for youth who are interested in working in a bike shop or in entering our Bicycle Leaders Program. Youth who graduate from this class can mentor and apprentice in our programs as instructors and as mechanics in our bike shop and Bike Mobile.
Interested in becoming a mechanic and investing in community? Find the right class for you and sign up!
All class session are 4:00 – 6:00 PM.
2020 Winter Session
Tuesday Beginner Repair (ages 9 – 12) January 21 – March 17 * FULL! Wednesday Intermediate Repair (ages 12 – 17) January 22 – March 18 * FULL
* no classes February 18 or 19
2020 SPRING SESSION
Tuesday Beginner Repair (ages 9 – 18/high School Graduation) April 21 – June 9 CANCELED
2020 FALL SESSION
Tuesday Beginner Repair (ages 9 – 12) September 29 – November 17
Wednesday Intermediate Repair (ages 12 – 18/High School Grad.) September 30 – November 18
Friday Advanced Repair (ages 14 – 18/High School Grad) *
* Advanced Repair Class requires instructor approval!
** PAYMENT INFO**
Bike Works strives to make programming accessible to all youth.
We provide sliding scale scholarship options for families with limited incomes. See each class/camp for sliding scale fees, and then pick the amount you are able to pay.
Prices listed for each program are as follows:
Actual Cost / 40% Subsidized / 60% Subsidized / Full Scholarship
We ask for full payment at the time of registration for each class, club, and camp at Bike Works.
Interested in fall 2020 youth programming? Sign up for this interest list on our Programs home page and we’ll keep you in the loop about fall offerings.