Rainier Valley Greenways
Seattle Neighborhood Greenways is a safe street advocacy organization. They are a rapidly growing volunteer coalition representing many neighborhoods across Seattle who plan and advocate for safe, equitable, and comfortable streets connecting us to the places we want to go.
Join your local chapter, the Rainier Valley Greenways to make your streets safer and more comfortable for everybody. Be a part of an organization making tangible change in your neighborhood.
Sign up to learn more, stay informed, and get involved! This Greenways group meets the third Tuesday of every month at Bike Works, 3715 S. Hudson Ave Suite #111.
- The Safety Over Speeding campaign which pushed the city to improve Seattle’s most dangerous street – Rainier Ave S.
- The N-S and E-W neighborhood greenways in our neighborhood.
- The inequity around traffic signal timing in our community compared with more affluent an whiter communities in Seattle. Some signals now give people walking more time to cross the street!
- And much more!
- Safe speeds of 25 MPH along Rainier Avenue South and 20 MPH engineered in our community centers of Columbia City, Hillman City, and Rainier Beach with enforcement.
- Safe & dignified crossings of Rainier Ave S where people driving stop for people walking, and people walking have enough to time cross before the traffic light changes.
- A safe place for people to bike.
- So much more!
If you are interested in other ways to make a difference in your community, check out the volunteer opportunities at Bike Works. Bike Works is always in need of folks willing to host a bike drives, wrench on kids bikes, or help at events.