3715 S Hudson St (Lower Level) Seattle
What is Open Shop?
A self-directed space for adults to use our tools and repair stands with the help of a professional mechanic. Open Shop is a friendly, safe, and non-judgmental environment to empower yourself to learn mechanics, help others, and build community! Fix that flat tire from last spring, or change your handlebars to a comfort bar for commuting. There is no better way to demystify your bike than taking a wrench to it yourself!
Who can use the space?
- Open Shop is for adults only (+18). Check out our Youth Programs for information about youth mechanics classes & volunteer opportunities.
- Masks required.
- First come, first served. Up to 4 people at a time.
- Any work performed on your bike during open shop is your responsibility.
How much does it cost?
- Pay what you can + parts.
- Suggested cost of $10-20/hour depending on level of assistance required.
Where is Open Shop?
Open Shop takes place in the heart of the Recycle & Reuse department, the Bike Works Warehouse. The Warehouse is located at 3715 S Hudson St. Seattle, WA 98118 – follow the driveway to the back of the building (park on the street and walk down the driveway or bike right on up to the front door).
It Saturday doesn’t fit with your schedule then check out another community resource just up the street from Bike Works – The Bikery! They are all about providing space for you to learn how to fix your bike yourself, just like Bike Works. Rad.