Donate A Used Bicycle
At Bike Works, we rely on bike donations to run our social enterprise shop, youth & adult programs, and community bike giveaways. We accept any and all donations of bikes, parts, and accessories, regardless of value or condition. We process between 6,000 – 8,000 bike donations every year – that’s about 250,000 pounds diverted from the waste stream in the form of clean, reliable transportation!
Bike donations are tax-deductible, and we love to hear stories about your bike donation! Fill out the donation receipt on the page below.
BICYCLE RECYCLING DROP-OFF LOCATIONS
Please drop off bicycles [and other bike related items] during operating hours:
- Bike Works Warehouse: Mondays 11 AM – 5 PM (Warehouse Closed to Public). Please leave donations on the bike rack. No appointment necessary. 3715 S Hudson St #111 (back entrance) Seattle, WA 98118
- Transfer Stations: Hours vary by location. No fee for bikes/parts at city transfer stations.
- Rapha Seattle – 301 E Pine St, Seattle, WA 98122. Donate your bike & parts at this location and enjoy 10% off your purchase plus a free coffee!
- As of Spring 2020, Recology Stores have not accepted bike donations on behalf of Bike Works. Please check back for updates.
- As of Spring 2021, Peddler Brewing is no longer a Bike Works donation drop-off site.
BICYCLE DONATION RECEIPT
Q. What sorts of bikes and bike parts, etc. can I donate to Bike Works?
A. Bicycles of any quality and in any condition, bicycle parts of any variety, bike frames, and bike accessories or gear of any type.
Q. Do we pick up donations?
A. Sorry, we do not offer that service due to the high volume of donations. Please drop off at our location, the location of our partners listed above, or view our calendar for Bike Drives in your area.
Q. Can I get a receipt for a tax deduction for my bike and bike parts, etc. donation?
A. Yes! After dropping off your donations at our location or with one of our partners, please fill in the donation form above this FAQ.
Q. How do I know if Bike Works will accept my donation?
A. Bike Works has many different outlets for redistributing incoming bicycle donations via our programs and partners. For more info see Recycle & Reuse Programs and Partnerships. Bike Works will accept almost everything bicycle-related. Please call with any questions: 206-257-5895 with questions.
Q. How will the bike I donate be used?
A. That depends. Donated bikes may be used as teaching tools in our youth or adult programs and then donated through a partner organization to someone in need of a bike. Bikes may be made available for the youth in our Earn-A-Bike program to earn. And bikes may be refurbished by staff or volunteers and sold in our community bike shop, with the sales revenue generated in this way funding our programming.
Host a Bike Drive
Looking for a way to help Bike Works? Does your child’s school, Girl or Boy Scout troop, or your faith community need a community service project? We are always looking for individuals or organizations to host a Bike Works Bike Drive. Just like a clothing or food drive, a Bike Drive collects used bikes for use in Bike Works programs. Bring your used bicycle to Bike Works – and bring your neighbors, too!