The last year and a half (and counting) has been a difficult time for everybody. Essential workers, small business owners, working parents, and members of marginalized communities have been disproportionately impacted by the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. We have adapted our policies and operations numerous times to remain aligned with King County Public Health recommendations while continuing to provide services to our customers and program participants.
Below is an update about our operations as of February 2022. Please also check our web calendar regularly to find variations in scheduling as well as occasional outdoor and virtual engagement opportunities.
- Our full-service Bike Shop in Columbia City is open to customers. No appointments required and test rides are now available. Shopping is available 24/7 on our web store. The shop is open 6 days a week, closed Wednesdays.
- The warehouse is open to customers from 1 – 4 PM on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. Max 8 shoppers at a time, purchase limits, first come first serve. Potential time limits depending on the line.
- Please drop off bike donations at the warehouse weekdays from 11 AM – 5 PM. Contact us if you are unable to come during this time. Rapha Seattle is also hosting an ongoing bike drive on our behalf – donate your bike/parts/accessories at their Capitol Hill clubhouse and enjoy 10% off your purchase plus a free coffee!
- Open shop is back 2nd & 4th Saturdays from 1 – 5 PM. Work on your own bike in a supportive community space with the support of a professional mechanic. Pay what you can + parts, suggested cost of $10-20 per hour depending on the level of staff assistance required.
- Volunteer Repair Parties are still on hold – sign up for our volunteer list to be notified by email when opportunities resume.
- Tours are available in person and virtually by request – 5 people maximum in person. Sign-ups required or contact Aaron to schedule.
- Youth & adult programs are back in person with limited capacity – check the programs page for registration
Masks required for all activities.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility. If you are able to make a financial contribution, your support enables us to continue to provide a source of transportation, recreation, and inspiration to all!