Summer is heating up Bike Works – literally! We are currently taking Popsicle and ice cream donations. Temperature jokes aside, it’s biking season, and the gears are turning at Bike Works.
Bike Works is receiving a record number of donations and making a record number of appearances at events. You can promote the bicycle as a vehicle for change in your community by volunteering with Bike Works! We have lots of ways to get involved. All mechanic experience levels are welcome – even no mechanic experience!
Volunteer in the Warehouse:
Do you have a favorite Do-It-Yourself storage solution? The Warehouse space is in need of your creativity and know-how to spruce up the retail space. Email Steve with your idea & to get started!
Bike Works is still receiving a record number of donations and we need your help to sort through all of the parts, clothes, frames, and other bike-related materials. No experience necessary. All bicycle knowledge levels are welcome. If you’re interested, sign up for a shift by clicking the button below!
Warehouse volunteers have the added perk of being at the heart of Bike Works. This is your opportunity to really see the life of a bicycle at Bike Works and contribute directly to the environmental stewardship of the organization.
Volunteer At upcoming events:
- Sounders Bicycle Parking on August 12th from 11am-4pm. Bike Works is offering FREE bicycle valet services at the Sounders vs. FC Kansas City match and we need your help to watch over these bikes!
- Big Day of Play on Saturday, August 19th from 1-4pm. This is an annual event put on by Seattle Parks and Recreation. It is at Rainier Playfields and Community Center – 4600 38th Ave. S, Seattle –
- Sounders Bicycle Parking on August 20th from 5-10pm. Bike Works is offering FREE bicycle valet services at the Sounders vs. Minnesota United FC match and we need your help to keep these bikes safe.
- Seattle Art Museum (SAM) Bike Night on Thursday, August 24th from 5-9pm. Bike valet & the BikeMobile.
- Bike for Water bike ride by MiiR and Water 1st International on Sunday, August 27th from 10am-Noon.
- Sounders Bicycle Parking on August 27th from 4:30-9:30pm. Bike Works is offering FREE bicycle valet services at the Sounders vs. Timbers match and we need your help to keep these bikes safe.
Volunteer in the office:
- The administrative office is looking for a volunteer to help keep us organized. If organizing office supplies is satisfying for you then please come help us! This opportunity is flexible. Email Deb@Bikeworks.org for more information.
Volunteer Repair Parties:
- Volunteer Repair Parties (VRP) are drop-in, weekly bike repair parties for adults (age 18 and up). You do not need to be a skilled bike mechanic to help out. They happen Thursdays from 6:30pm to 9:30pm and Sundays from 10am to 1pm.