Bike Works’ 25th Anniversary
Annual Fundraising Celebration & Auction
Sunday, June 13th 5 – 8 PM
Join Bike Works as we celebrate our “silver” 25th year anniversary in an online revelry of community, cycling, and social justice. Hear from inspiring speakers, enjoy a tasty meal, bid on enticing auction packages, and engage with our movement to promote the bicycle as a vehicle for change.
Tickets are sliding-scale* and include:
- A live performance by very special musical guest, Ahamefule J. Oluo
- A brand-new film about cycling, social justice, and activism
- A tasty meal, delivered to your home (available in mainland King County)
- A custom red wine from Eleven Winery (pick up on Bainbridge Island in June)
- A group ride to Eleven Winery on Wednesday, June 9th, led by Executive Director Ed Ewing
- Networking and mingling with other lovers of bikes & community in an interactive online platform
*If cost is a barrier, comped tickets are available upon request.
Check out our Key Event Info for FAQs, email invitation template, food & wine details, and more!
Bikecitement! Special Musical Guest: Ahamefule J. Oluo
Ahamefule J. Oluo is a Seattle-based multi-instrumentalist, composer, writer, and stand-up comedian. He is a founding member & trumpet player in the award-winning jazz-punk quartet Industrial Revelation, was a semi-finalist in NBC’s Stand Up for Diversity comedy competition, & co-produced comedian (and writing partner) Hari Kondabolu’s albums Waiting for 2042 and Mainstream American Comic, for Kill Rock Stars. Oluo has appeared on This American Life and is a recipient of the prestigious Creative Capital Award. He has premiered two autobiographical musicals at the Public Theater’s Under the Radar Festival: Now I’m Fine (2016), which New York Times theater critic Ben Brantley described as “a New Orleans funeral march orchestrated by Arnold Schoenberg,” and Susan (2020), which Brantley called “virtuosic” and “crackerjack.” Now I’m Fine was adapted into the film Thin Skin, co-written, starring, and scored by Oluo. Thin Skin premiered in 2020 to glowing reviews and won Best Director at the Harlem Film Festival.
Our 25th Anniversary sponsors make this event possible. Please let us know if you or a company you know might be interested in joining this incredible community of sponsors.