Open Shop: Community Repair Space
What is Open Shop?
A self-directed space for adults to use our tools and repair stands with or without the help of a professional mechanic. Open Shop is a friendly, safe, and non-judgmental environment to empower yourself to learn mechanics, help others, and build community! Fix that flat tire from last spring, or change your handlebars to a comfort bar for commuting. There is no better way to demystify your bike than taking a wrench to it yourself!
When (check our calendar for updates!)
- 2nd & 4th Saturdays from 1-5pm
- 1st & 3rd Fridays from 4-7pm
- Open Shop is for adults only (+18). Check out our Youth Programs for information about youth mechanics classes & volunteer opportunities
- Masks required
- First come, first served. Up to 4 people at a time. No need to sign up in advance, just stop in!
- Any work performed on your bike during open shop is your responsibility
- Sliding scale: pay the full amount you can afford!
- Suggested fees
- $10/hr- no assistance
- $15/hr – some assistance
- $20+/hr – full walkthrough (cost varies depending on type of repair)
*Cost of parts not included*
Open Shop takes place in the heart of the Recycle & Reuse department, the Bike Works Warehouse. The Warehouse is located at 3715 S Hudson St. Seattle, WA 98118 – follow the driveway to the back of the building (park on the street and walk down the driveway or bike right on up to the front door).
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org