Volunteering at Bike Works
Our volunteer community makes much of the work we do possible, helping out in every part of our organization. From individual efforts to large group projects, there is a volunteer opportunity for everybody.
Background checks will be completed before volunteer opportunities can begin. For more information, contact email@example.com
Ways to Volunteer:
- Volunteer Repair Parties (VRP) are drop-in, weekly bike repair parties for adults (age 18 and up). You do not need to be a skilled bike mechanic to help out.
- Help out at Bikecitement! our annual fundraising dinner & auction, coming up on Sunday 3/24!
- Office volunteers
- Rainier Valley Greenways volunteers
- Host a Bike Drive
6:30pm to 9:30pm
This night session is open to adults of all skill, experience and confidence levels. We also offer orientations to new volunteers. *See Calendar if VRP is canceled*
10am to 1pm
This morning session is also open to adults of all skill, experience and confidence levels. In addition, we offer orientations to new volunteers. *See Calendar if VRP is canceled*
Womxn, Trans, & Gender Non-binary VRP
3rd Wednesdays 6 – 9 PM
We’re adding an additional Volunteer Repair Party (VRP) specifically for folks who identify as women, trans, or gender non-binary to come together in an inclusive space to repair bikes for the community or work on their own bikes.
- Be reliable. Please arrive as scheduled or call to cancel.
- Sign in to the volunteer log.
- Be a positive role model for others in the Bike Works space.
- Follow the shop rules (as posted) and assist others in doing the same.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Report any problems to staff or lead volunteers.
- Conduct personal bike business (repairs, parts shopping) only at appropriate times and by special arrangement with the staff.
If you agree with the above, please fill out the online application form below. If you have trouble using this form, you can download and print the application here: