Volunteering at Bike Works
Our volunteer community makes much of the work we do possible, helping out in every part of our organization. From individual efforts to large group projects, there is a volunteer opportunity for everybody.
Background checks will be completed before volunteer opportunities can begin. For more information, contact our Program Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Volunteer:
- Volunteer Repair Parties (VRP) are drop-in, weekly bike repair parties for adults (age 18 and up). You do not need to be a skilled bike mechanic to help out.
- Host a Bike Drive
- Office volunteers
- Rainier Valley Greenways volunteers
6:30pm to 9:30pm
This night session is open to adults of all skill, experience and confidence levels. We also offer orientations to new volunteers.
*See below for special event dates when VRP is canceled.*
10am to 1pm
This morning session is also open to adults of all skill, experience and confidence levels. In addition, we offer orientations to new volunteers.
- Be reliable. Please arrive as scheduled or call to cancel.
- Sign in to the volunteer log.
- Be a positive role model for others in the Bike Works space.
- Follow the shop rules (as posted) and assist others in doing the same.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Report any problems to staff or lead volunteers.
- Conduct personal bike business (repairs, parts shopping) only at appropriate times and by special arrangement with the staff.
If you agree with the above, please fill out the online application form below. If you have trouble using this form, you can download and print the application here: