Our Adult Programs offer the same fun, friendly, and accessible high-quality bike education as our Youth Programs and are open to people 18+ years old.
Bike Repair Classes
Bike Works offers our adult community a variety of classes to hone your bicycle mechanic skills.
- Bike Repair 101 – The most popular adult class! This beginning bicycle repair class is offered throughout the year and covers everything you need to know to safely upkeep your bicycle.
- Wheel Building – Once a year, you can lean how to build your own wheel set. Hand built wheels are an art form as well as a science. Join us as we walk you through it.
Free Bike Giveaways
The Bikes-for-All! program provides adults who do not have access to a bicycle a commuter bike complete with lights, a lock, and a helmet. More importantly, the program provides participants with quality bicycle safety information. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis.
This is a self-directed space for adults to use our tools and repair stands with the help of a professional mechanic and volunteer “Hosts.” Open Shop is a friendly, safe, and non-judgmental environment to empower yourself to learn mechanics, help others, and build community! Fix that flat tire from last spring, or change out your handlebars to a comfort bar for commuting. There is no better way to demystify your bike than taking a wrench to it yourself!
$5 per hour Suggested Donation
Saturdays at the Warehouse: 12pm-5pm*
*Check Calendar for Cancellations
Our volunteer community makes much of the work we do possible, helping out in every part of our organization. Bike Works offers our adults the opportunity to help fix bikes and do other meaningful things to assist Bike Works daily work and mission.
- Volunteer Repair Parties (VRP) – weekly bike repair parties for adults (age 18 and up) to drop-in. You do not need to be a skilled bike mechanic to help out.
- Events – there are multiple events throughout the year that need extra hands to serve the community. From community rides to bicycle valet, we need your help.
- Office Volunteers – help keep our offices rolling smoothly by helping organize or volunteering for special projects. These are offered on an as need basis.
- Rainier Valley Greenways – get involved with your local chapter of the Seattle Neighborhood Greenways.