Why it’s great to work at Bike Works:
- The Columbia City neighborhood is vibrant with great restaurants, coffee, a seasonal Farmer’s Market, live music, and an active community
- Gender neutral bathrooms
- Casual office environment & dress code
- Generous benefits
- A organization-wide winter break in December
- Fun, collaborative coworkers, committed to social justice
- Yearly professional development allowance
- Discounts to keep your biking habit rolling (or to help inspire you to get into bicycling)
- Bike Parking and lots of it!
Interested in Joining our Board?
Meet our current board members here and view the board member details below!
The Program Director assumes primary responsibility for directing and developing all youth and adult programs and supervises the program staff team; this role also works closely with the Executive Director and the Development, Shop and Recycle Reuse leads as part of the Leadership team; and interacts with the Board, other staff and volunteers.
Yearly salary range $67,000 – $72,000 DOE.
How to Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications received by 6/30/23 will receive priority.
Youth Community Program Manager
The Youth Community Program Manager works closely with the Program Team and Program Director to create and deliver year-round and partnered programming. Position includes some evenings and Saturdays, as well as seasonal overnight work with youth on multi-day bike tours (as scheduled).
Hourly pay ranges $28.50 to $30, DOE. This full-time position is eligible for overtime pay.
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by 6/18/23 will receive priority.
Bike Shop Mechanic
This position will provide professional-quality mechanical repair services and attentive, quality customer service in a high-energy, fast-paced bike shop. Other duties will include sales, receiving and pricing orders, and maintaining accessible, organized retail displays. This position reports directly to the Shop Director and is part of the Bike Works Bike Shop Team.
We are no longer hiring for this position, but please feel free to share your resume for future consideration: email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
Bike Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that prioritizes equity, access, and inclusion, Bike Works does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, trans, nonbinary, queer, and/or disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
WHO WE ARE
- collaborative team players
- passionate educators
- bike riders, bike mechanics
- social justice activists
- energetic and hard workers who manage time and risk
- self-starters with growth mindsets
- personable and humorous
2022 BENEFITS PACKAGE
All full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 12 days of vacation to start (adding one day for each additional year of work)
- 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, plus a paid holiday recess from 12/24 through 1/1
- 30 days sick/self-care time per year
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Training & Professional Development for job roles
- Unlimited Orca Card
- EAP Employee Assistance Program
- $250 reimbursement for any kind of training or continuing education
- $250 match for employee donations to other nonprofits
- $250 fitness/gym membership reimbursement
- Discounts on new & used bikes and parts in our Shop
- Retirement match up to $2,000/year
- Life Insurance
- Reimbursement for mileage when using your bike for work
- Sabbatical policy for 1 month after 5 years