Why it’s great to work at Bike Works:
- The Columbia City neighborhood is vibrant with great restaurants, coffee, a seasonal Farmer’s Market, live music, and an active community
- Gender neutral bathrooms
- Casual office environment & dress code
- Generous benefits
- A organization-wide winter break in December
- Fun, collaborative coworkers, committed to social justice
- Yearly professional development allowance
- Discounts to keep your biking habit rolling (or to help inspire you to get into bicycling)
- Bike Parking and lots of it!
Adult Education Coordinator
The Adult Education Coordinator facilitates all adult programs at Bike Works. This includes bike repair classes, open shop hours, volunteering, and rides. Position includes working occasional evenings and Saturdays. Full-time, $26.75/hour. Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
We are conducting final interviews candidates right now, but please feel free to share your resume for future consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Programs Coordinator
The Program Coordinator works closely with the entire programs team to facilitate youth education programs and activities and to help with various elements that support programming and community engagement. Position includes working some evenings and Saturdays, as well as the possibility of seasonal overnight work with youth on tours. Full-time, $26.75/hour. Email resume & cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
Bike Shop Mechanic
This position will provide professional-quality mechanical repair services and attentive, quality customer service in a high-energy, fast-paced bike shop. Other duties will include sales, receiving and pricing orders, and maintaining accessible, organized retail displays. This position reports directly to the Shop Director and is part of the Bike Works Bike Shop Team.
We are no longer hiring for this position, but please feel free to share your resume for future consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
Bike Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that prioritizes equity, access, and inclusion, Bike Works does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, trans, nonbinary, queer, and/or disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
2022 BENEFITS PACKAGE
All full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 12 days of vacation to start (adding one day for each additional year of work)
- 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, plus a paid holiday recess from 12/24 through 1/1
- 10 days sick leave per year
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Training & Professional Development for job roles
- Unlimited Orca Card
- EAP Employee Assistance Program
- $250 reimbursement for any kind of training or continuing education
- $250 match for employee donations to other nonprofits
- $250 fitness/gym membership reimbursement
- Discounts on new & used bikes and parts in our Shop
- Retirement match up to $2,000/year
- Life Insurance
- Reimbursement for mileage when using your bike for work
- Sabbatical policy for 1 month after 5 years