Why it’s great to work at Bike Works:
- The Columbia City neighborhood is vibrant with great restaurants, coffee, a seasonal Farmer’s Market, live music, and an active community
- Gender neutral bathrooms
- Casual office environment & dress code
- Generous benefits
- A organization-wide winter break in December
- Fun, collaborative coworkers, committed to social justice
- Yearly professional development allowance
- Discounts to keep your biking habit rolling (or to help inspire you to get into bicycling)
- Bike Parking and lots of it!
Interested in Joining our Board?
Meet our current board members here and view the board member details below!
RECYCLE & REUSE COORDINATOR
The Recycle & Reuse Coordinator supports daily Warehouse, the Bike Shop, and Adult Community Programs. This includes processing bike-related donations, organizing the Warehouse, refurbishing used bicycles, coordinating volunteers, procuring bikes in Seattle, and supporting Bike Shop operations.
Hourly pay is $26.75-30/hr (depending on experience); this position is eligible for overtime pay. Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received until 2/11/24 will receive priority consideration. This position is currently in the later stages of the hiring process.
The Program Coordinator works closely with the entire programs team to facilitate youth education programs and activities and to help with various elements that support programming and community engagement. Position includes working some evenings and Saturdays, as well as the possibility of seasonal overnight work with youth on tours.
Hourly pay is $26.75 – $30/hr; this position is eligible for overtime pay. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications received until 2/16/2024 will receive priority consideration. This position is open until filled.
Bike Shop Mechanic
This position will provide professional-quality mechanical repair services and attentive, quality customer service in a high-energy, fast-paced bike shop. Other duties will include sales, receiving and pricing orders, and maintaining accessible, organized retail displays. This position reports directly to the Shop Director and is part of the Bike Works Bike Shop Team.
We are no longer hiring for this position, but please feel free to share your resume for future consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Employment
Bike Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to supporting a diverse and talented staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that prioritizes equity, access, and inclusion, Bike Works does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color, trans, nonbinary, queer, and/or disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
WHO WE ARE
- collaborative team players
- passionate educators
- bike riders, bike mechanics
- social justice activists
- energetic and hard workers who manage time and risk
- self-starters with growth mindsets
- personable and humorous
2024 BENEFITS PACKAGE
All full-time employees are eligible for our generous benefits package:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 12 days of vacation to start (adding one day for each additional year of work)
- 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, plus a paid holiday recess from 12/24 through 1/1
- Up to 30 days sick/self-care time per year
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Training & Professional Development for job roles
- Unlimited Orca Card
- EAP Employee Assistance Program
- $250 reimbursement for any kind of training or continuing education
- $250 match for employee donations to other nonprofits
- $250 fitness/gym membership reimbursement
- Discounts on new & used bikes and parts in our Shop
- Retirement match up to $2,000/year
- Life Insurance
- Reimbursement for mileage when using your bike for work
- Sabbatical policy for 1 month after 5 years