ORGANIZE A BIKE DRIVE
Bike Works is always in the need of bikes in good condition. Particularly we are always in need of the following types for youth to earn in our Earn-a-Bike program and to use with other young program participants.
- 20 inched wheel BMX style bikes
- 24 and 26 inched wheel Mountain Bikes
- Road bikes of any size, but especially smaller sized road bikes
Putting together a successful Bike Collection on behalf of Bike Works is straightforward and fun.
Steps to Organize a Bike Drive
- Plan the Event: Experience shows that a 4-hour, 1-day weekend collection in the spring or summer is the most effective and enjoyable due to the weather. But we accept donations at any time! We recommend basing collections around a school, local business, place of worship or community center. So you can do outreach to an established group that visits the space.
- Get the Word Out: Tell people about Bike Works and your bicycle donation drive. Send email to friends, family, and co-workers about the ways in which Bike Works is getting unwanted bikes back out into the community. Talk about your drive and encourage folks to bring bikes to donate.
- Accept Donations on the Day of the Collection: This is the fun part, when you get to see the connections you’ve created in your community and see all your efforts pay off. We accept all bicycles and parts, but aim for bicycles in good condition. All donations are tax-deductible and we will provide you with carbon copy tax donation receipts for your event.
Don't forget to thank people that come by!
- Transport Bicycle Donations: By coordinating transport, you help our staff devote more time to building innovative programs and refurbished bicycles. We are located at 3709 S. Ferdinand St Seattle, WA 98118 and our warehouse is at 3715 Hudson St. lower level Seattle WA 98118 one block away.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org 206-725-9408 ext 1 - Thank you for supporting Bike Works!
Click here to download a more in-depth PDF document on how to host a bike drive.